Freshmen First! room 237 TODAY from 2:30-3:15. ALL are welcome, we will be discussing scheduling for the upcoming school year.
BOYS’ & GIRLS’ BASKETBALL @ Central High School (JV vs. Waggener – 5:45 pm, JV vs. Central – 7:00 pm)
SENIOR NIGHT – WRESTLING – Battle for the Keg of Nails vs. Male @ Home (6:00 pm)
AP Exam registration is open. Students have until Friday, February 10 to register without a late fee. Visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181525 or dupontmanual.com to register.
YPAS is having a Theatre 2 Workshop on Thursday, February 2 @ 7:30 p.m.
• Homecoming is THIS Friday. Dance is 9-12 in the Small Gym. Theme is "Glow Up". Please vote for Winter Homecoming Court at tinyurl.com/dupontmanualhomecoming. You will need to login to vote. Use your JCPS email.
• Cupcake Wars 2017 is Saturday;, Feb. 11 from 11:30-3:00pm at Kentucky Refugee Ministries-969 Cherokee Rd.
• Current Sophomores & Juniors: Interested in joining a service organization focused on LITERACY? INFORMATIONAL MEETING for the National English Honor Society is Friday, February 3rd, 2:30 to 3:15 in room 352.
• Dance Crimson Percent Night at Noodles & Co. Summitt location on Friday, February 3, Just tell them you are for Dance Crimson
• John Lennon & Me performance @ Stage One on Saturday, February 4 @ 2:00 p.m.
• Manual Boys Lacrosse event, Trivia night at O'Sheas Pub
• Date/Time: Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM (Arrive at 4:30 PM).
• Location: O'Sheas Pub (956 Baxter Ave - In the Guiness Party Room)
• Join us for a night of good food, great fun and Trivia! No teams required, you can join a trivia team when you get there. $25 per person, includes appetizer buffet and unlimited soft drinks. Buffet opened 4:45-5:15, Trivia starts at 5:15. Open to family and friends!
• TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
The 2nd Annual Crimson Mission Growing the Mission Gala
When: Saturday, March 4
Where: The Henry Clay, 604 S. Third Street, Downtown Louisville
What: The Crimson Mission, Inc. has partnered with Ina Marcella Events to bring you the PREMIER party to celebrate duPont Manual High School! Anyone that loves Manual is invited! In addition to a wonderful evening of dinner, silent & live auctions, YPAS entertainment and FUN, we will be honoring Mick Motley, Carol Haddad, Dennis Robinson and Wes Jackson as our Guests of Honor for their continued dedication and support of duPont Manual High School!
This event sold out last year! You don’t want to miss this! There are a limited supply of tickets available! DEADLINE TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS 2/24/17
Tickets are available online at https://louisvilletickets.com/events/spring-time-gala
• The PTSA is awarding a special $600 scholarship to a graduating GAP or ECE student. To be considered, student MUST be a: Graduating senior in good standing from Manual High School, in good standing of the Manual PTSA, GAP (underrepresented or “at risk”) or ECE student. (Please see attached flyer below for all details)
• NEEDED: The 15th District Clothing Assistance Program(CAP), is in desperate need of gently used BOYS PANTS, sizes 4T-18. Please place in marked CAP bins at the main school entrances. Thank you for your generosity.
• One Blue Wall writing contest- please submit long-form writing 1/20-2/6 . First prize $15 Quill’s Gift card and publication in new edition. Submit to onebluewall.com
• 5-WeekBOOTCAMP – Prepares for March ACT® Test on 3/21/17 @ duPont Manual High School. Nine Total Sessions:
Mondays: 2/13/17, 2/20/17, 2/27/17, 3/6/17, 3/13/17 3PM-6PM
Saturdays: OFF, 2/25/17, 3/4/17, 3/11/17, 3/18/17 10AM-2PM
Early Registration Deadline: 2/6/17. SIGN UP AT: www.torchprep.com. Info@torchprep.com
• Senior class shirts are now on sale. Pick up an order form outside Mrs. Hunt's and/or Mrs. Stottman's room. Orders are due by Friday Feb. 10th with payment - cash or check.
• Science Fair Judges needed! Supporters of DMRSEF, we need your help with our upcoming Regional Science Fair. This year’s fair is going to be bigger than all our previous fairs and we need a lot of judges. This year’s fair will be held on March 11, 2017. Location is Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC). If you or someone you know can judge the fair, please register as soon as possible at https://dupontmanual.stemwizard.com/public_site/judge_register. We thank you for your support.
• REMINDER SENIORS: Are you the voice of the class of 2017?
Would you like to deliver the graduation keynote address and win a small scholarship in the process?
You must see Ms. Williams in room 352 to pick up an information packet. Auditions will be held on March 21st.
• REMINDER - Office Depot/Office Max will give 5% cash back to our school on participating items. Please use the attachment below and present this Give Back To Schools card to the cashier upon check out. This is an EASY way for our school to make $$!!
• Friday-HOMECOMING – BASKETBALL vs. Central @ Home (Boys’ FR – 4:30 pm, Girls’ Varsity – 6:00 pm, Boys’ Varsity – 7:30 pm)
• Friday-DAZZLERS – UDA National Competition @ Orlando, Florida
• Friday-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ DIVING – Jefferson Co. Diving Invitational @ the University of Louisville (5:30 pm)
• Sat-ARCHERY @ North Bullitt Invitational
• Sat-DAZZLERS – UDA National Competition @ Orlando, Florida
• Sat-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING – Male Sprint @ the University of Louisville (1:00 pm)
• Sat-WRESTLING – Cougar Duals @ Conner High School ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Friday, March 03, 2017:
No Barriers Scholarship.pdf