One Blue Wall writing contest- please submit long-form writing DEADLINE TODAY . First prize $15 Quill’s Gift card and publication in new edition. Submit to onebluewall.com
Early Registration Deadline Today for 5-Week BOOT CAMP – Prepares for March ACT® Test on 3/21/17 @ duPont Manual High School. Nine Total Sessions: Mondays: 2/13/17, 2/20/17, 2/27/17, 3/6/17, 3/13/17 3PM-6PM. Saturdays: OFF, 2/25/17, 3/4/17, 3/11/17, 3/18/17 10AM-2PM. SIGN UP AT: www.torchprep.com. Info@torchprep.com
AP Exam registration is open. Students have until THIS Friday, Feb 10 to register without a late fee. Visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181525 or dupontmanual.com to register.
URGENT TSA members. FEB 7th is the deadline for permission slips and money to be to Mrs. Moore in room 231 for the Regional Competition Feb 24th!
• Lost and Found items will be on tables during lunches on Wed and Fri. ALL ITEMS WILL BE DONATED AFTER FRI.
• Seniors - t-shirt orders are due by Friday. This is a fund raiser to help make prom more affordable. Pick up order forms outside either Mrs. Hunt or Mrs. Stottman's room. ALL orders with payment are due by Friday.
• Seniors - the senior class is getting together Thursday Feb. 16th at Skate World from 6:30 to 8:30. Come enjoy hanging with your class. All you have to pay for is your skate rental. This is a Crimson Connection activity. Come spend some time with your class before we all go our separate ways...graduation is only 3 months away!
• If you are interested in joining the National English Honor Society (NEHS) but you missed the informational meeting, please visit our website: www.manualnehs.com. Look for the link, ""Membership Packet,"" to find everything you need to complete an application. The deadline to apply is February 17th.
• NEEDED: The 15th District Clothing Assistance Program(CAP), is in desperate need of gently used BOYS PANTS, sizes 4T-18. Please place in marked CAP bins at the main school entrances. Thank you for your generosity.
• SummerWorks positions available for students at New Roots. (Please see all 3 of the attachments at bottom of announcements for information)
• TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
The 2nd Annual Crimson Mission Growing the Mission Gala
When: Saturday, March 4
Where: The Henry Clay, 604 S. Third Street, Downtown Louisville
What: The Crimson Mission, Inc. has partnered with Ina Marcella Events to bring you the PREMIER party to celebrate duPont Manual High School! Anyone that loves Manual is invited! In addition to a wonderful evening of dinner, silent & live auctions, YPAS entertainment and FUN, we will be honoring Mick Motley, Carol Haddad, Dennis Robinson and Wes Jackson as our Guests of Honor for their continued dedication and support of duPont Manual High School!
This event sold out last year! You don’t want to miss this! There are a limited supply of tickets available! DEADLINE TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS 2/24/17
Tickets are available online at https://louisvilletickets.com/events/spring-time-gala
• The PTSA is awarding a special $600 scholarship to a graduating GAP or ECE student. To be considered, student MUST be a: Graduating senior in good standing from Manual High School, in good standing of the Manual PTSA, GAP (underrepresented or “at risk”) or ECE student. (Please see attached flyer below for all details)
• Cupcake Wars 2017 is Saturday;, Feb. 11 from 11:30-3:00pm at Kentucky Refugee Ministries-969 Cherokee Rd.
• Manual Boys Lacrosse event, Trivia night at O'Sheas Pub
• Date/Time: Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM (Arrive at 4:30 PM).
• Location: O'Sheas Pub (956 Baxter Ave - In the Guiness Party Room)
• Join us for a night of good food, great fun and Trivia! No teams required, you can join a trivia team when you get there. $25 per person, includes appetizer buffet and unlimited soft drinks. Buffet opened 4:45-5:15, Trivia starts at 5:15. Open to family and friends!
• Science Fair Judges needed! Supporters of DMRSEF, we need your help with our upcoming Regional Science Fair. This year’s fair is going to be bigger than all our previous fairs and we need a lot of judges. This year’s fair will be held on March 11, 2017. Location is Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC). If you or someone you know can judge the fair, please register as soon as possible at https://dupontmanual.stemwizard.com/public_site/judge_register. We thank you for your support.
• REMINDER SENIORS: Are you the voice of the class of 2017?
Would you like to deliver the graduation keynote address and win a small scholarship in the process?
You must see Ms. Williams in room 352 to pick up an information packet. Auditions will be held on March 21st.
• REMINDER - Office Depot/Office Max will give 5% cash back to our school on participating items. Please use the attachment below and present this Give Back To Schools card to the cashier upon check out. This is an EASY way for our school to make $$!!
• Wed-BASKETBALL @ Atherton High School (Boys’ JV vs. Atherton – 4:30 pm, Girls’ JV vs. Atherton – 4:30 pm, Boys’ JV vs. Shawnee – 5:45 pm)
• Wed-GIRLS’ BASKETBALL @ Scott County (Varsity – 6:30 pm)
• Wed-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ DIVING – KHSAA Region 4 Championships @ the University of Louisville (5:15 pm)
• Thurs-GIRLS’ BOWLING – KHSAA State Singles Tournament @ Collins Eastland Lanes, Lexington, KY (11:15 am)
• Fri-SENIOR NIGHT – BASKETBALL vs. Seneca @ Home (Girls’ Varsity – 6:00 pm, Boys’ Varsity – 7:30 pm)
• Fri-GIRLS’ BOWLING – KHSAA State Team Tournament @ Collins Eastland Lanes, Lexington, KY (7:30 am)
• Fri-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING – KHSAA Region 4 Championships @ the University of Louisville (10:00 am)
• Sat-WRESTLING – KHSAA Region Championships @ Male High School ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Wednesday, March 08, 2017:
New Roots SummerWorks Assistant to the Executive Director 2017.docx
New Roots SummerWorks Communications Organizer 2017.pdf
New Roots SummerWorks Operations Organizer 2017.docx
No Barriers Scholarship.pdf
office depot.pdf ______________________________________