Last Day-SUPPORT BEST BUDDIES! VALENTINE CARDS WILL BE SOLD DURING LUNCHES FEB 8-13. THE CARDS WILL BE DELIVERED VALENTINES DAY DURING W4.
The next Harry Potter Club meeting will be Today from 2:30-3:30 in Mr. Curtis' Room 254
FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes invites everyone to come Tuesday mornings at 7:00 in the Auditorium.
We have games, speakers, music, refreshments, and God's word. Everyone is Welcome!!!
Seniors - t-shirt orders are due TUESDAY. This is a fund raiser to help make prom more affordable. Order forms outside either Mrs. Hunt or Mrs. Stottman's room. ALL orders with payment are due Friday.
• URGENT JCPS Magnet Survey
The Magnet Steering Committee at JCPS is conducting a survey to determine going forward, what the process of admissions will look like going forward for magnets. This survey will help guide their recommendations. Please take the survey and encourage others to as well. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3LCJBFX
• Permission Slips for those attending the JCPS Idea Festival are DUE to Mr. Lowber (Room #232A) by Wednesday, February 15th. You may lose your selected spot as a participant if your form is late!
• Join Manual's Military Mission-Teddy Bear Drive. Donate any used or new stuffed animals to give to families of veterans! THEN come to the meeting on Wednesday, Feb 15 @ 2:30 in room 232B to write a note with the animal to send!
• Wednesday, February 15 is a Theatre 3 Workshop @ 7:30 p.m.
• Seniors - the senior class is getting together THIS Thursday Feb. 16th at Skate World from 6:30 to 8:30. Come enjoy hanging with your class. All you have to pay for is your skate rental. This is a Crimson Connection activity. Come spend some time with your class before we all go our separate ways...graduation is only 3 months away!
• Friday, February 17 is a Theatre 1 Workshop @ 7:30 p.m.
• Buy a yearbook before the price goes up! Only $75 for now, price goes up to $85 after Feb. 28. Go to tinyurl.com/manualyb to purchase one today!!!
• ATTENTION JUNIORS - Are you interested in a Co-op with UPS for your Senior year? See Ms. Anita in the Guidance Office for details and to sign up for a presentation with UPS representatives.
• Students are now able to receive text alerts regarding the library schedule. From your smartphone browser go to the following link and follow the prompts: rmd.at/mshmccu. From other mobile phones message @mshmccu at 81010. From a computer sign up for email alerts at: rmd.at/mshmccu. Flyers are also available in the library.
• TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
The 2nd Annual Crimson Mission Growing the Mission Gala
When: Saturday, March 4
Where: The Henry Clay, 604 S. Third Street, Downtown Louisville
What: The Crimson Mission, Inc. has partnered with Ina Marcella Events to bring you the PREMIER party to celebrate duPont Manual High School! Anyone that loves Manual is invited! In addition to a wonderful evening of dinner, silent & live auctions, YPAS entertainment and FUN, we will be honoring Mick Motley, Carol Haddad, Dennis Robinson and Wes Jackson as our Guests of Honor for their continued dedication and support of duPont Manual High School!
This event sold out last year! You don’t want to miss this! There are a limited supply of tickets available! DEADLINE TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS 2/24/17
Tickets are available online at https://louisvilletickets.com/events/spring-time-gala
• The PTSA is awarding a special $600 scholarship to a graduating GAP or ECE student. To be considered, student MUST be a: Graduating senior in good standing from Manual High School, in good standing of the Manual PTSA, GAP (underrepresented or “at risk”) or ECE student. (Please see attached flyer below for all details)
• Dance Crimson (a 6 hour dance marathon from 6pm-midnight) is March 3rd. ALL proceeds go to pediatric oncology research and the Golden Matrix Fund. Registration for attendance AND a t-shirt is due by Friday, Feb.17; but you can register till March 2nd!!! Permission slips in Main Office and at lunches. (Price is $20)
• If you are interested in joining the National English Honor Society (NEHS) but you missed the informational meeting, please visit our website: www.manualnehs.com. Look for the link, ""Membership Packet,"" to find everything you need to complete an application. The deadline to apply is February 17th.
• Science Fair Informational Meeting: We would like to invite MST students to attend an informational meeting about the Regional Science Fair which is coming up in exactly 1 month! There are several changes to the fair this year - starting with the venue. The fair will be held at the JCTC Health Services building instead of at UofL. The logistics and layout for the science fair are all new and different this year. Please come to an informational meeting to learn about these changes. Meeting will be on Tuesday, February 21st from 2.30 – 3.30 PM in the Senior Cafeteria. Parents are welcome to attend.
• CNET Editors will share technology trends and tips for success on Wednesday, February 22 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. duPont Manual High School Auditorium. Event is free ($5 donation is suggested)
Jason Hiner, Editor-in-Chief of TechRepublic and Long Form Editor of ZDNet. Jason writes about the people, products,and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He is also co-author of the book Follow the Geeks (bit.ly/ftgeeks).
Ashlee Clark Thompson, Senior Associate Editor for CNET. Ashlee reviews smart cooking gadgets. She’s also a freelance writer, author of “Louisville Diners”, and a blogger (ashleeEats.com). Before CNET, Ashlee spent time as a newspaper reporter and as an Americorps VISTA worker.
Consider This is a thought-provoking speaker series organized by Publishers Inc., supporting duPont Manual High School’s Journalism & Communication Magnet, For sponsorship opportunities contact parent volunteer, Aly Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Science Fair Judges needed! Supporters of DMRSEF, we need your help with our upcoming Regional Science Fair. This year’s fair is going to be bigger than all our previous fairs and we need a lot of judges. This year’s fair will be held on March 11, 2017. Location is Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC). If you or someone you know can judge the fair, please register as soon as possible at https://dupontmanual.stemwizard.com/public_site/judge_register. We thank you for your support.
• REMINDER SENIORS: Are you the voice of the class of 2017?
Would you like to deliver the graduation keynote address and win a small scholarship in the process?
You must see Ms. Williams in room 352 to pick up an information packet. Auditions will be held on March 21st.
• NEEDED: The 15th District Clothing Assistance Program(CAP), is in desperate need of gently used BOYS PANTS, sizes 4T-18. Please place in marked CAP bins at the main school entrances. Thank you for your generosity.
• Tues-BOYS’ BASKETBALL vs. Doss @ Home (FR – 4:30 pm, JV – 6:00 pm, Varsity – 7:30 pm)
• Fri-BASKETBALL @ Male (FR Boys’ – 4;30 pm, Girls’ Varsity – 6:00 pm, Boys’ Varsity – 7:30 pm)
• Fri-WRESTLING – KHSAA State Championships @ Kentucky Horse Park
• Sat-ARCHERY – NASP Regional @ Atherton
• Sat-DAZZLERS – KDCO State Competition
• Sat-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ TRACK & FIELD – Kentucky Invitational @ University of Kentucky
• Sat-WRESTLING – KHSAA State Championships @ Kentucky Horse Park ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Wednesday, March 15, 2017:
No Barriers Scholarship.pdf
office depot.pdf ______________________________________