Senior Steering Committe will meet Monday, Feb. 20 @ 2:30 to discuss Prom.
REMINDER-Parent/Teacher Conference sign-ups end TODAY @ 4:00. Go to dupontmanual.com and click on sign-up here.
FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) invites everyone to come Tuesday mornings at 7:00 in the Auditorium.
We have games, speakers, music, refreshments, and God's word. Everyone is Welcome!!!
GIRLS’ BASKETBALL – KHSAA 25th District Tournament @ Home (Manual vs. Shawnee/St. Francis winner – 6:00 pm)
Science Fair Informational Meeting: TUESDAY, Feb 21 from 2.30 – 3.30 PM in the Auditorium (Location change). We would like to invite MST students to attend an informational meeting about the Regional Science Fair which is coming up in less than 3 weeks! There are several changes to the fair this year - starting with the venue. The fair will be held at the JCTC Health Services building instead of at UofL. The logistics and layout for the science fair are all new and different this year. Please come to an informational meeting to learn about these changes.
Please bring $10 for your registration fees. Also, we are not asking for donations of snacks or food this year. DMRSEF will provide food and drinks. However, if you could please make a donation of any amount to help us, please bring cash or a check! Parents are welcome to attend.
• ***A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N SPEAKERS FROM CBS INTERACTIVE COMING TO MANUAL ON WEDNESDAY!*** FREE EVENT!***Editors will share technology trends and tips for success this Wednesday, February 22 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. In the Manual Auditorium. Event is free ($5 donation is suggested)
Jason Hiner, Editor-in-Chief of TechRepublic and Long Form Editor of ZDNet. Jason writes about the people, products,and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He is also co-author of the book "Follow the Geeks".
Ashlee Clark Thompson is the Senior Associate Editor for CNET. Ashlee reviews smart cooking gadgets. She’s also a freelance writer, author of “Louisville Diners”, and a blogger of ashleeEats.com.
• Black History…Our History! The duPont Manual High School Drama Club is presenting its Annual Black History Month Celebration on THIS Friday, February 24, 2017. The program will take place WHITE 2 in the Manual Auditorium and should last the entire period. All attendees are asked to please report to the auditorium immediately after attendance is taken. The program will begin promptly at 9:30 and end at 10:45.
• Make sure you don't miss the biggest Manual party of the year AND Support excellence at Manual!
LESS THAN 1 WEEK LEFT TO GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE GALA!
Deadline to purchase tickets is THIS Friday 2/24!
The 2nd Annual Crimson Mission Growing the Mission Gala - wonderful evening of dinner, silent & live auctions, YPAS entertainment and FUN! Tickets are available online at https://louisvilletickets.com/events/spring-time-gala
We Hope to See You There!
When: Saturday, March 4
Where: The Henry Clay, 604 S. Third Street, Downtown Louisville
• URGENT JCPS Magnet Survey
The Magnet Steering Committee at JCPS is conducting a survey to determine going forward, what the process of admissions will look like going forward for magnets. This survey will help guide their recommendations. Please take the survey and encourage others to as well. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3LCJBFX
• The PTSA is awarding a special $600 scholarship to a graduating GAP or ECE student. To be considered, student MUST be a: Graduating senior in good standing from Manual High School, in good standing of the Manual PTSA, GAP (underrepresented or “at risk”) or ECE student. (Please see attached flyer below for all details)
• Buy a yearbook before the price goes up! Only $75 for now, price goes up to $85 after Feb. 28. Go to tinyurl.com/manualyb to purchase one today!!!
• Those Sophomores and Juniors who wish to apply for NHS, the deadline is 2/28 by 2:30 in room 251. No late applications will be accepted.
• ATTENTION JUNIORS - Are you interested in a Co-op with UPS for your Senior year? See Ms. Anita in the Guidance Office for details and to sign up for a presentation with UPS representatives.
• Dance Crimson (a 6 hour dance marathon from 6pm-midnight) is March 3rd. ALL proceeds go to pediatric oncology research and the Golden Matrix Fund. Register till March 2nd!!! Permission slips in Main Office and at lunches. (Price is $20)
• Science Fair Judges needed! Supporters of DMRSEF, we need your help with our upcoming Regional Science Fair. This year’s fair is going to be bigger than all our previous fairs and we need a lot of judges. This year’s fair will be held on March 11, 2017. Location is Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC). If you or someone you know can judge the fair, please register as soon as possible at https://dupontmanual.stemwizard.com/public_site/judge_register. We thank you for your support.
• REMINDER SENIORS: Are you the voice of the class of 2017?
Would you like to deliver the graduation keynote address and win a small scholarship in the process?
You must see Ms. Williams in room 352 to pick up an information packet. Auditions will be held on March 21st..
• Wed-BOYS’ BASKETBALL – KHSAA 25th District Tournament @ Home (Manual vs. St. Francis/Portland Christian winner – 6:00 pm)
• Thurs-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING & DIVING – KHSAA State Championships @ University of Louisville
• Friday-ARCHERY – St. Bernard Shootout @ UAW Fern Valley
• Friday-BASKETBALL – KHSAA 25th District Tournament @ Home (Girls’ Final – 6:00 pm, Boys’ Final – 7:30 pm)
• Friday-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING & DIVING – KHSAA State Championships @ the University of Louisville
• Sat-ARCHERY – St. Bernard Shootout @ UAW Fern Valley
• Sat-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING & DIVING – KHSAA State Championships @ University of Louisville ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Wednesday, March 22, 2017:
No Barriers Scholarship.pdf
office depot.pdf ______________________________________