BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING & DIVING – KHSAA State Championships @ University of Louisville
Attention all students attending the JCPS Idea Festival Friday: Here's your CALL TO ACTION to DONATE.
Please bring a Toothbrush and Toothpaste on the day of the event. Please do not forget to bring these items with you!
Black History…Our History! The duPont Manual High School Drama Club is presenting its Annual Black History Month Celebration on THIS Friday, Feb 24, 2017. The program will take place WHITE 2 in the Manual Auditorium and should last the entire period. All attendees are asked to please report to the auditorium immediately after attendance is taken. The program will begin promptly at 9:30 and end at 10:45.
Students may attend the Black History Program with a parent note. You must submit a parent note to your W2 teacher before the program. It is a student’s responsibility to request and make-up any missed assignments.
ARCHERY – St. Bernard Shootout @ UAW Fern Valley
BASKETBALL – KHSAA 25th District Tournament @ Home (Girls’ Final–6:00 pm, Boys’ Final–7:30 pm)
BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING & DIVING – KHSAA State Championships @ the University of Louisville
Make sure you don't miss the biggest Manual party of the year AND Support excellence at Manual!
LESS THAN 1 WEEK LEFT TO GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE GALA!
Deadline to purchase tickets is THIS Friday 2/24!
The 2nd Annual Crimson Mission Growing the Mission Gala - wonderful evening of dinner, silent & live auctions, YPAS entertainment and FUN! Tickets are available online at https://louisvilletickets.com/events/spring-time-gala
We Hope to See You There!
When: Saturday, March 4
Where: The Henry Clay, 604 S. Third Street, Downtown Louisville
• Manual’s National English Honors Society is hosting ACT English & Reading Prep sessions. Come for testing and study tips, and practice tests. English Session: Tuesday, February 28th. Reading session: Thursday, March 2nd. Sessions are from 2:30 to 4:00 in Room 352. Sign up at tinyurl.com/nehsactpreps
• SAVE THE DATE:
Don't Miss College 101 Night on March 15th from 5pm-8pm! This free event will offer the Manual community the opportunity to learn in detail about:
- The College Application/Admission Process
- Financial Aid Options & Applying for Scholarships
- The Differences Between the ACT and SAT
- Playing College (NCAA) Sports
- The Performing Arts Audition Process
- Transition Services for Students with IEPs or 504 Plans
Come hear presentations from College Admissions Officers, Manual's Guidance Counselors, and several other local college test preparation experts. Please join us for an informative evening.
All students and parents are encouraged to attend.
• FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) invites everyone to come Tuesday mornings at 7:00 in the Auditorium.
We have games, speakers, music, refreshments, and God's word. Everyone is Welcome!!!
• The PTSA is awarding a special $600 scholarship to a graduating GAP or ECE student. To be considered, student MUST be a: Graduating senior in good standing from Manual High School, in good standing of the Manual PTSA, GAP (underrepresented or “at risk”) or ECE student. (Please see attached flyer below for all details)
• Buy a yearbook before the price goes up! Only $75 for now, price goes up to $85 after Feb. 28. Go to tinyurl.com/manualyb to purchase one today!!!
• Those Sophomores and Juniors who wish to apply for NHS, the deadline is 2/28 by 2:30 in room 251. No late applications will be accepted.
• Dance Crimson (a 6 hour dance marathon from 6pm-midnight) is March 3rd. ALL proceeds go to pediatric oncology research and the Golden Matrix Fund. Register till March 2nd!!! Permission slips in Main Office and at lunches. (Price is $20)
• REMINDER SENIORS: Are you the voice of the class of 2017?
• Would you like to deliver the graduation keynote address and win a small scholarship in the process?
You must see Ms. Williams in room 352 to pick up an information packet. Auditions will be held on March 21st..
• ATTENTION JUNIORS - Are you interested in a Co-op with UPS for your Senior year? See Ms. Anita in the Guidance Office for details and to sign up for a presentation with UPS representatives.
• Sat-ARCHERY – St. Bernard Shootout @ UAW Fern Valley
• Sat-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ SWIMMING & DIVING – KHSAA State Championships @ University of Louisville ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Saturday, March 25, 2017:
No Barriers Scholarship.pdf