Have a Tremendous Tuesday!
SOFTBALL – Scrimmage vs. Greenwood @ Elizabethtown (5:30 pm)
BOYS’ & GIRLS’ TRACK & FIELD – Practice Meet @ St. Xavier (4:15 pm)
Senior VA show "Night Vision" Opening Reception is Thursday, March 9 from 3-6pm in the Norma E. Brown Art Gallery. Featuring the artwork of Ally Doctrow, David Ferreira, Morgan Betsill, Charlie Bosco, Coby McClendon, Leigh Nicholson, Dillon Pinholster, Logan Smith, Sophia Smith, All are welcome to attend.
YPAS Jazz Ensemble Concert 3/9 @ 7 pm on the YPAS Mainstage.
Science Fair volunteers needed on March 10 & 11. Go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b45aeac2fa02-manualmeyzeek to sign up. Thanks for your help.
LAST DAY-Win a pizza party for your homeroom! Drop off new or gently used books to Ms. Dix (room 331) between Monday, 3/3 and Friday, 3/10.
ARCHERY – March Madness Classic @ Jeffersontown High School
BOYS’ LACROSSE @ Kentucky Country Day (Varsity – 7:30 pm)
New Works Festival (performances are all written, directed and performed by Manual students) on Friday, March 10 & Saturday, March 11 @ 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 for students and $10 for adults.
• Seniors - make song requests for prom at: https://tinyurl.com/glrspyp
• Come Join Us Saturday March 18th, 6pm for a fun night of Trivia and a Great Silent Auction to support Manual Marching Band! (See Attached Flyer)
• PROJECT GRADUATION IS COMING! Seniors and parents of seniors – don’t plan anything for graduation night!!! JCPS hasn’t set the date yet, but we want to get the word out about this awesome all night party on graduation night. This is a free party for all graduating seniors and is the last time the graduating class will all be together. The budget for the event is $18,000 and is totally free to the students! We do need lots of help and donations to make this party a success, so please think about getting involved - see the attached flyer for more information. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Bookstore will be open 10:50-12:30 Monday-Friday or by request.
• FRESHMEN AP CAPSTONE Writing assessment on Wednesday, March 15th, or Thursday, March 16th @ 2:30. Applicants must attend one of the 45 minute sessions in the AUDITORIUM.
• SAVE THE DATE:
Don't Miss College 101 Night on March 15th from 5pm-8pm! This free event will offer the Manual community the opportunity to learn in detail about:
- The College Application/Admission Process
- Financial Aid Options & Applying for Scholarships
- The Differences Between the ACT and SAT
- Playing College (NCAA) Sports
- The Performing Arts Audition Process
- Transition Services for Students with IEPs or 504 Plans
Come hear presentations from College Admissions Officers, Manual's Guidance Counselors, and several other local college test preparation experts. Please join us for an informative evening.
All students and parents are encouraged to attend.
• Spanish Honor Society is accepting applications from sophomores and junior until March 31st. Applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA overall and in Spanish and be enrolled in Spanish 2 or higher.
• Induction will be April 17th. There is a $20 induction fee for new members. Pick up applications outside of room 239.
• The PTSA is awarding a special $600 scholarship to a graduating GAP or ECE student. To be considered, student MUST be a: Graduating senior in good standing from Manual High School, in good standing of the Manual PTSA, GAP (underrepresented or “at risk”) or ECE student. (Please see attached flyer below for all details)
• Sat-ARCHERY – March Madness Classic @ Jeffersontown High School
• Sat-BASEBALL vs. Oldham County @ Derby City Field (FR DH – 11:00 am, 1:00 pm)
• Sat-BOYS’ LACROSSE vs. Covington Catholic @ Manual Stadium (Varsity – 1:00 pm, JV – 3:00 pm)
• Sat-GIRLS’ LACROSSE @ Mercy (Varsity vs. Oldham County – 1:00 pm, JV Red vs. Mercy – 2:30 pm)
• Sat-SOFTBALL – Scrimmage vs. Pulaski County @ George Sauer Athletic Complex (1:00 pm)
• Sat-BOYS’ TENNIS vs. McCracken County @ Seneca Park (10:00 am) ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Saturday, April 08, 2017:
College 101 Flyer - March 15 2017.pdf
No Barriers Scholarship.pdf
PG flier.docx ______________________________________