Happy Tasteful Tuesday!
BASEBALL @ Derby City (Varsity – 6:00 pm)
BASEBALL @ Christian Academy of Louisville (JV – 5:30 pm)
SOFTBALL vs. Butler @ Home (Varsity – 5:00 pm, JV – 6:30 pm)
GIRLS’ TENNIS vs. St. Francis @ Chickasaw Park (4:00 pm)
BOYS’ & GIRLS’ TRACK & FIELD @ St. Xavier
SBDM elections are here! Manual PTSA is looking to fill one SBDM position for a 2-year term from July 2017 to June 2019. Any parent representative is eligible to stand for election for this role. Nominations are due TODAY. (Please see the attached SBDM Information and Nomination 2017 for complete details). Contact Vidya Ravichandran (email@example.com) with any further questions.
The "Crimson Sound" Marching Band will be holding an Interest Meeting for all current and incoming Manual students who have interest in participating in the marching band program for the 2017-18 season. This includes instrumentalists and students with interest in color guard/dance. The band will once again be participating in the KMEA state championships and Mid-States Band Association contests. The meeting will take place TONIGHT at 6 pm in the YPAS band room and will last approximately one hour. Prospective students and parents should attend. The Crimson Sound will return 50 members and has potential to be as large as 80 members next year. ***Please see the attached flier.
BOYS’ LACROSSE @ Collegiate (Varsity – 6:00 pm)
• Congratulations to 23 YPAS/Manual orchestra students who took part in the 2017 Chicago Heritage Festival over Spring Break. The orchestra received several top honors, including a Gold/1st place award in their division, the Adjudicator Award for their overall score, and Outstanding Orchestra Group for the best orchestra overall. Senior Michael Klinberg was also awarded the Ovation Award, which was only given to one student in the entire festival and based on spirit of determination, inspiration, and service to others.
• Manual Ushering Team meeting on Thursday, April 13th after school in room 202. All members try to be there.
• JUNIOR STEERING COMMITTEE meeting to discuss Class Officers for next year is Monday, April 17 from 2:30-3:00 in Room 154
• Graduation Date has been set for May 24th @ 8:00pm at Freedom Hall.
• THE PROJECT GRADUATION DATE/TIME IS SET! On May 24th (after the graduation ceremony at 8pm.) seniors will check-in between 11pm – 12:30am. and party all night with their friends!! Your help is needed to support this project to keep our senior class safe on graduation night. We are looking for donations so that we can make this the best party ever!! Please consider donating prizes, gift cards (we’ll take those you’ve stuffed in a drawer!) or just send in a check See the attached flyer for more information. All contributions will be recognized weekly right here in the announcements – so don’t be left out! The following families and businesses have already donated!!
Thomas and Donna Riedel
Nina Litvinova and Valeriy Klinberg
Otis and Linda Brown
Tom and Kim Koenig
Velvet Ice Cream
• Seniors - make song requests for prom at: https://tinyurl.com/glrspyp
• Thurs-BASEBALL vs. Ballard @ Derby City Field (Varsity – 6:30 pm)
• Thurs-BASEBALL @ Ballard (JV – 5:30 pm, FR – 7:30 pm)
• Thurs-GIRLS’ LACROSSE vs. Collegiate @ Manual Stadium (Varsity – 7:00 pm)
• Thurs-SOFTBALL @ Collins (Varsity – 5:30 pm, JV – 7:00 pm)
• Thurs-BOYS’ TENNIS vs. Collegiate @ Seneca Park (4:00)
• Thurs-GIRLS’ TENNIS @ Sacred Heart (4:00 pm)
• Fri-BASEBALL vs. North Oldham @ Derby City Field (Varsity – 6:00 pm, JV – 8:00 pm)
• Fri-BASEBALL @ North Oldham (FR – 6:00 pm)
• Sat-BASEBALL @ Atherton (Varsity – 12:00 pm, JV – 2:00 pm)
• Sat-BOYS’ LACROSSE @ Dixie Heights (Varsity – 1:00 pm, JV – 3:00 pm)
• Sat-GIRLS’ LACROSSE vs. Ballard @ Manual Stadium (JV Red – 1:00 pm, Varsity – 2:30 pm)
• Sat-SOFTBALL @ Bullitt East JV Round Robin (JV – TBA)
• Sat-BOYS’ & GIRLS’ TRACK & FIELD – Johnny Conn Invitational @ Male High School ______________________________________
Attachments available for 30 days until Thursday, May 11, 2017:
PG-Parent Request for Donations.docx
SBDM Information and Nomination 2017.pdf ______________________________________