Introduction to Computer Programming is designed for students wishing to explore computer technology and computer programming. Using programs from java, students will experience a variety of programming exercises from simple problem solving to complex game and simulation applications. Also covered in the course are detailed concepts of proper programming style which, when mastered, ensures that programs are easy to read, modify, and debug. Students will use java to produce code from source to finished product. Issues will include data types, strings, math operations, decision making, loops, data files, classes, arrays, methods, and objects It is recommended that students take Introduction to Computer Programming to prepare for AP Computers.
- Understand basic structure, syntax, and data types of the Java language.
- Create, execute, and test Java programs using calculations and decision statements.
- Create, execute, and test Java programs using loops and arrays.
- Create execute, and test Java programs using methods, classes, and objects.
- Create, execute, and test Java programs using standard input/output.
- Evaluate and select the best programming method to solve problems.