Important Information regarding Shadowing
Shadowing at duPont Manual will begin September 26.
Shadowing visits end on December 9th. Please refer to the Admission page for information about the admission process and deadlines at duPont Manual.
Fill out the Manual Shadowing Scheduling Form available online here.
Please know what magnet program your child would like to shadow and have a couple of available dates as certain dates fill up quickly and some dates are unavailable for shadowing. Your student may only shadow ONE magnet program. Also, if there is a same gender Freshman in the same magnet already attending Manual, you may request that student as your host. All shadows must be 8th graders. Jefferson County Public School students may not shadow any JCPS high school per district guidelines.
Information needed for scheduling a Shadow Visit
- Student Name
- Telephone #s
- Parent Name
- School currently attending
- Grade: must be 8th
- Magnet to shadow -- only 1
- Freshman to shadow -- if you know one
- Tested for Advance Program -- date
- Dates interested in shadowing --please have more than one date and see list below
Unavailable shadowing dates: Sep. 29, Sep 30, Oct. 3, Oct. 4, Oct 19, Oct. 21, Oct. 28, Nov. 7, Nov 8, Nov. 23-25.
Drop off 7:40 - 7:50 am
- Parking is available in front of Manual on Lee Street.
- Enter through the main doors into center hall.
- Turn right, go to the end of the hall and turn right again.
- The Guidance Office is the last room on the left - Room 132.
- Parents, please wait in front of the school on Lee Street. Students can view the street from the inside of the building and come out to you.
- Lunch - $3.00 - Milk -$.35. Students may also bring a sack lunch.
- Dress - Casual Dress, what they would wear to the movies, etc.
- Guys - belted pants and shirt tucked in.
- Girls - no bare midriffs or sleeveless tops
- Bring something to read or work on in case of a quiz or test in the classroom. No cell phones or electronics may be used during the school day.
Advanced Program testing is not required by Manual for application or admission.
Options & Magnet Application Form - Options & Magnet Application Form - Available on the JCPS website beginning October 19th, this form needs to be completed online at this link. Your student will then be placed in the computer as showing interest in Manual and alert Manual to watch for his or her application materials to be turned in at the main office of the high school. Deadline for accepting application materials is January 13, 2017.
Manual Application Materials - The list of required materials can be obtained on this web site (see Admissions) or in the Manual Main Office. Please follow the directions for your appropriate program and return this application to Manual as early as possible. Deadline for accepting application materials is January 13, 2017 .
Manual Open House for 8th graders is November 3, 2016 from 6:30-8:00PM.